My Story

I am deeply interested in religion, politics, current events, history, musical theater and books! I left the LDS church a couple years ago and have spent a lot of time since then thinking and considering various religious influences in my life and in the lives of those around me. For more information on why I left the LDS church, look here. I also love to sing, act, dance (tap preferably) and perform on stage whenever possible.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

What I Learned On My Vacation

1. It is possible to fly in an airplane without completely freaking out. (Possible, yes, but not guaranteed!)

2. Leaving your camera at home is not always a bad thing if it gives you an excuse to get that new camera you've been wanting for a long time. Check it out!


3. Georgia is a very romantic looking place. Lots of whitewashed bridges spanning immaculate ponds/lakes in front of large plantation-like houses.


4. Southern food is YUMMY!

5. Lodging in Disney World is way overpriced, but still worth it to be so close to all the resorts.

6. Don't wait to buy that perfect souvenier...Chances are there will be no convenient time to return when you finally decide you really do want it!

7. An extra pair of flip flops in the back pack may just make the difference between
walking the next day and being forced to tool around on a grandma Disney scooter. (Trust me, not cool.)

8. When visiting Disney World, the Deluxe Meal Plan is a MUST! Fine dining every night...Awesome!

9. Waiting in line is not very fun even at the happiest place on earth.

10. I never want to be an astronaut. 'Nuff said.

11. I still think it would be fun to dance/sing/whatever for Disney.

12. Space Mountain is not as cool as it once was, but Pirates of the Caribbean is better than ever!

13. "Off-season" and "Disney World" are oxymoron's. Less crowded is still crazy crowded.

14. The "fast-pass" is a good idea in theory but does not always work out like you hope.

15. Biking on the beach is fun, but a lot more work than it looks!

16. Beach sunsets are spectacular.


17. Jellyfish are scary.

18. Waffle House waffles are A-MAY-ZING!

19. When in high places, it can be nice to have friends in low places.

20. Not being able to access a computer for 8 days is a problem!

21. It's always nice to come home.

2 comments:

Cyclingred said...

I can relate to #9. Here is the definition of Hell in the Gospel according to Cyclingred.

You stand in a long line. When you finally get to the front a person who worked for DMV in mortality tells you that you are in the wrong line and points you to the back of another long line.

This is how you spend eternity.

Miss Megan said...

Lucky! This looks like it was a great trip, and I am totally jealous! Glad you had fun!

(BTW, HI JANN!)