My Story

I am deeply interested in religion, politics, current events, history, musical theater and books! I left the LDS church a couple years ago and have spent a lot of time since then thinking and considering various religious influences in my life and in the lives of those around me. For more information on why I left the LDS church, look here. I also love to sing, act, dance (tap preferably) and perform on stage whenever possible.

Monday, November 3, 2008

I Voted!

So I took advantage of the early voting option since I will not be near my regular polling location on the big election day tomorrow. The wait in line and the actual voting process added up to about an hour of my time, (maybe these election people should talk to Disney about a FastPass option? Just sayin...) but it wasn't so bad because I got to be entertained by all the very interesting/strange people waiting in line. The right to vote is just that, a right of every American citizen of age to cast their vote voicing their opinion on the direction of the country and local politics. Women, men, old, young, poor, rich, everyone can vote. Its kind of cool in a way and the make up of people standing in the early voting line showed a rather interesting cross section of good ole American folk. I couldn't help but notice the guy rambling on about nothing and everything directly behind me. He was having a hard time waiting in line and finally a poll worker noticed and invited him to go directly to the front of the line to which he responds "Where is it? How do I get there?" Um, follow the line to the front? maybe? Many standing in line were smart enough to bring books or laptops to keep themselves busy in line...Since I didn't bring any of those items, I just let myself be entertained by everyone else.

At any rate, I am glad that the election will (finally) be over tomorrow. Ever since the primaries I have been worried about how the presidential race will turn out. I am thrilled that Obama is ahead in the polls and am hoping beyond hope that the polls are right! He is exactly what this country needs after 8 years of Bush, someone who thinks with his head, reasons out the issues and determines the best solutions without giving into knee jerk reactions. His inexperience does not bother me...some of the best leaders in the business world are not the ones who know everything about the entire business, but rather the ones that know who to ask for help and to turn to for advice, can listen to problems and help coordinate solutions. I think Obama can do this for our country and that he will prove to be a powerful leader.

Go Obama!

Oh and if you are in the Utah 3rd District...Chaffetz? Really? REALLY!!?!? For the record, I voted for the other guy...I'm not even sure who the other guy was, but Chaffetz is just scary, SCARY I tell you! Every time I have heard his commercials I just wanted to scream and run away to hide.

Lastly, if you are in California, please, PLEASE, vote NO on prop 8. It is just the right thing to do.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I pretty much love you.

The end.