My Story

I am deeply interested in religion, politics, current events, history, musical theater and books! I left the LDS church a couple years ago and have spent a lot of time since then thinking and considering various religious influences in my life and in the lives of those around me. For more information on why I left the LDS church, look here. I also love to sing, act, dance (tap preferably) and perform on stage whenever possible.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Leaving

I finally finished Reading Lolita in Tehran. It really was a very interesting read, although not for the faint of heart. I think I read three other books over the course of reading just this one. Anyway, I want to share just one small quote from near the end of the book during the time the author is getting ready to leave Tehran. I just liked the way she summed up, so succinctly, these kind of experiences in life.
You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.


No comments: