My Story

I am deeply interested in religion, politics, current events, history, musical theater and books! I left the LDS church a couple years ago and have spent a lot of time since then thinking and considering various religious influences in my life and in the lives of those around me. For more information on why I left the LDS church, look here. I also love to sing, act, dance (tap preferably) and perform on stage whenever possible.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day In the City

So I'm standing in front of three African young women in the Starbucks line today...I was intrigued and couldn't help listening in on their conversation... Here are a couple of the interesting fun quotes from that conversation (From what I could gather it seemed they were somewhat recent immigrants from Africa)
"Everyday is Mother's day [in America] for women from Kenya"

In looking at the Ethos water bottle ...."Rural Kenya? Where is that? It says the sale of the water benefits the children in Rural Kenya...." Which just struck me as funny, since it seems they were from there and were trying to figure out where, exactly, rural Kenya was...

"The Arabs have all the money, and we ended up in America!"
Then on my way home another random guy on the streets wished me a Happy Mothers day. Which was almost as good as last week when another random guy passed me and said "Hey Baby, what's goin on?"

No comments: